Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Giant Step (My First Week of HIgh School)

Middle school was great, but it was time to move on. The school seemed to get smaller and the classes less exciting. By the end of my 8th grade year I felt like I ruled the school. That would definitely change in high school. I waited eagerly for two and half months for high school to start. On September 5, the drama of school hit me in the face.

I am proud to announce a have made it through the first week of high school. I was able to turn in all my homework on time, find all my classes (most of the time), and dodge swirllies from the seniors. One of my favorite changes from middle school to high school is how much more involved you can get with your school and with sports groups. I also enjoy the freedom of high school such as the school store. One thing I truly miss at the middle school level are the friendly teachers.

Being involved in student senate and playing J.V. soccer has kept my schedule busy. Thanks to senate I feel more involved with what’s going and how things work. I realize how much work goes into simple things suck as schedule pick up, also how big of a pain high maintenance parents can be. Through soccer I have met a group of people I can rely on and trust. This has helped me when I have no clue what the math homework is.

There are certain drawbacks in the transition from middle school to high school, one being the relationship with teachers. I missed walking down the halls of Holmes and having our daily conversations with P-Rat (Mr. Rathburn). Or trash talking with Mrs. Moody before the Michigan, Michigan State game each year.

I didn’t know what to expect walking into Stevenson the first day, but I came away happy, with a sense of accomplishment. If I had to describe my first week of school in one word I don’t think one word would be able to cover it all, eventful would certainly come close though.

4 comments:

  1. Ben your awesome your a tank at soccer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very good description in your blog and i think the way you explain stuff is actually very good. Also yeah soccer has helped me also mainly for the same reason as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben your bolg is very well written I like the way you describe about your first day of high school and I like how you said that word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writing, the title did a good job of reeling me in.

    ReplyDelete